This blog has moved to
http://lizzylanefarmbotanicals.wordpress.com

Find us on Etsy
http://llfarm.Etsy.com

Find our on line store
http://lizzylanefarm.com



Lavender Salve


We have been making this here for quite some time and it has been very popular. I make a batch of it every week, so you know its fresh. This takes a good 3 weeks from start to finish to make.

I use organic lavender buds and infuse them in olive oil in the sun, when ready organic lavender essential oil and bees wax is added along with a bit of vitamine E.

A salve for minor burns but has become very popular with our gardening friends and knitters too. They like that it moisturizes, conditions and absorbs into their skin very quickly. I have one customer who is a seamstress and uses two tins every week in her shop. It's a good thing she is close by and I go into town every week, so I can drop it off for her.

For those of you who already use this nice salve, this is the same as you always have used, just new labels.



Lavender is one of my favorite herbs and sadly only 2 varieties will grow here on the farm with any success. I'm hoping to add more to the herb beds this summer to try and keep up with the demand for this salve. Right now I am using buds from a wonderful organic farm in Maine. The color is just beautiful so if you notice a bit of a purple/blue tint it's the lavender and not color added to the salve.

Lavender is a nice calming herb with great healing properties, anti-viral and anti-bacterial, a natural antiseptic. I have been told that this helps fussy babies nod off to sleep with a gentle head-to-toe massage using our salve. I haven't tried it myself yet but can see how it would. Lavender is very good to help one sleep.

These reusable tins hold about 1 ounce/ 2 fluid ounces of salve.

$6.00 each

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers