This blog has moved to
http://lizzylanefarmbotanicals.wordpress.com

Find us on Etsy
http://llfarm.Etsy.com

Find our on line store
http://lizzylanefarm.com



Healing Salve



I have been making and using this Healing Salve for quite some time now, it's actually a hard item to keep around here. When I first started making it, I gave out tins of it to everyone I ran into. They keep coming back for more and giving my name out to their friends.


My intention was to create a salve that would actually work on my Granddaughter's bum. She has such sensitive skin and even the slightest wetness in her diaper would give her the worst rashes I have ever seen. I tried every ointment on the market and even a few prescription ones. None worked all that well, that little bum would be bleeding sore for days. This salve will clear up her diaper rash overnight.


This salve contains no petroleum products like many of the over the counter products and the herbs and essential oils are certified organic or wild harvested. Many coming from right here on the farm.
I talked to herbalists, local farmers and anyone else who would talk to me about the herbs I was using or wanted to use and read all I could find. After several changes to my original recipe I am satisfied with this version and think you will be too.
This salve goes everywhere with me, I keep a tin in my back pack, in the car and in my saddle bags. These 2 ounce tins will last a long time. If the sun should heat it up it will re harden when it cools back off, but you will want to try and keep it from melting because it will run out of the tin and stain.


Last summer a friend of mine came down with a good case of poison ivy after haying a field. Again this salve surprised me, it stopped his itch and cleared up the rash in a few short days. He didn't suffer from the common problem of the rash oozing and weeping like it usually will.


It works well on any scrapes, irritations and minor burns. Because it contains Jewelweed it works well on poison ivy. It also contains Confrey and this herb is know to heal wounds quickly so don't use it on deep cuts or puncture wounds that need to heal from inside out.


Ingredients:

Comfrey, Jewelweed, Chamomile, Calendula & Lavender infused in a grape seed oil, beeswax, tee tree, Essential oils and Vitamin E.


1 ounce tin-$6.00

shipping $4.00 or $1.00 if ordered with another product.
.............................................................................................................
Herbs and flowers have been used for centuries by the peoples of the world. However, Lizzy Lane Farm products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease and are not FDA approved. Please seek a medical professional if you have a health issue or concern.
This product is not intended to replace medical advise. Serious injuries or illness should be treated by professionals.




~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Here are what people are saying about this Healing Salve:



"This salve keeps my dry, chapped winter worn hands moisturized and heals up the cracking from severe weather quickly. You need to package it in larger containers..."


Tom, who is a builder and works outside year round




"I like using this on my hands when they are dry and chapped from all the dishwashing I do. It also works well on my Eczema that flairs up every winter."

Barb, who is a professional chef



"After convincing several of my children's parents to let me try this salve on their child's diaper rashes they were all amaized at how fast it healed up their rashes. They keep asking me for the recipe so I am giving out your phone number and told them to call you."

Katie, a preschool teacher



"Poor Jasper, our mini horse has had such trouble with dry cracked hooves. Out of desperation I coated his hooves with your salve for several days and was amazed at the results. Within several weeks they had improved so much we were able to shod him again and he hasn't thrown a shoe since. Could you make a batch of this and put it in a larger containers for our barn. I know other's here who watched Jasper's progress would like some for their own horses."

Brenda, breeder and Mighty Minnie Show Stables





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers